Monday, September 7, 2009

"This Imaginative Crowd"... I love this President

Obama mocking conservatives chiding him for shaking hands with Hugo Chavez: "Venezuela is a country whose defense budget is probably 1/600th of the United States’. They own Citgo. It’s unlikely that as a consequence of me shaking hands or having a polite conversation with Mr. Chavez that we are endangering the strategic interests of the United States. I don’t think anybody can find any evidence that that would do so. Even within this imaginative crowd, I think you would be hard-pressed to paint a scenario in which U.S. interests would be damaged as a consequence of us having a more constructive relationship with Venezuela." There was once a time when Dems would piss down both legs about national security attacks coming from the right, let alone respond to them with outright mockery. My, how things have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment